Having your gas fireplace regularly inspected and tuned up ensures safe and efficient operation.
The Chimney Scientists are readily-equipped to inspect and clean your gas fireplace to ensure proper functionality.
Our Gas Diagnostic Inspection and Tune-up Service Includes:
- inspection and testing of electrical sensors for proper voltage to and from the gas burner
- cleaning of sensors such as the Thermopile and thermocouple to increase the longevity of the system
- cleaning and inspection of the gas burner orifices to maintain complete combustion of fuel
- inspection, testing, and tune-up of remote and receiver battery replacement of worn-out batteries in the remote’s receiver inside the fireplace is applicable
- cleaning and vacuuming the gas logs and reviewing gas log placement to reduce flame impingement and soot buildup inside the fireplace.
- camera inspection of masonry chimney if applicable to the appliance (chimney camera inspection for gas logs using a masonry flue, not a gas insert or factory-built gas fireplace that uses a steel flue)
- cleaning the glass with ammonia-free cleaner on the fireplace doors if applicable
- replacement or addition of rock wool embers to increase ember glow inside the fireplace and enhance the ambiance if applicable
- review any additionally needed repairs with the customer if applicable